One year ago today I opened up this blog. I only wanted family and friends to know where we were abouts in Thailand and Cambodia when we went on our big trip a week later. But the blog evolved. I came up with the “Where I’ve been section” and did a bit more of travelling. After a lazy summer I renamed the blog from “Travelling the world” to “Travelling the world… and much more”. and included posts about furniture, sewing but especially knitting – joining Ginny’s Yarn along for 11 weeks so far. And I also started a ten days series on Australia, making September the month with the most visits.
Now overall in 2012 I have:
- written 109 posts. That’s one every 3.4 days!
- had 3504 visits on my page so far. That is not too bad for a blog that was intended only for family and friends, I guess.
- got 133 likes from which a lot are from Mike Knoche from Explore Dream Discover Tours. Thank you Mike!
- made 14 followers. Ok, that’s not really a lot but hey, non of them is a friend from real life so I’m quite proud that Ruby Lee, karentraversy, lagrancostanza, Chris Martin, Mike Knoche, Patrick Latter, albertomonnarmusic, jitterduck, markusbuessecker, nanweili, kotev1000 and AirportsMadeSimple want to be informed about my newest posts and are following what I’m writing. Thanks guys and keep on reading!
- had two different series: one on Australia and the Christmas market one
- made a blog swap with Natalie from Marigolds’ Loft. Thank you for that Natalie! It was a great experience!
- had two guest bloggers: Ulrike who is otherwise not blogging at all and Irena from alien heartbeats. Thanks a lot girls for helping me out with my christmas series!
My plans for next year are:
- get more readers (yes I know that means I have to post more interesting stuff but that’s next on my list) and connect more with other bloggers. So if any travel blogger out there is interested in a guest post/blog swap, let me know
- have at least two series again (any suggestions what you would like to have? Maybe “Capitals of the world” or “Cities in the Rhine region” or “Beautiful islands” or “10 Knitting tutorials” or “New Zealand”?)
- add some more substance on the Furniture and Gardening part
- of course I will also keep you informed on where I am (or where we are, as I tend to travel with my significant other, Michael, on long trips and with friends on short ones) and what I do
- and other than that I just try to have fun with this blog and hope you enjoy it too
And now I can only say: Thank you for joining me in my first year as a blogger and keep on reading! Have a great New Year’s Eve and see you in 2013!